If your school is brand new to HegartyMaths, you will need to add all your classes and students. Please watch the video below or read the article to find out how.
Please note, if you have "Sync with MIS" on the Manage->Manage students/classes page:
then you can manage your student account details through your MIS, and do not need to make a CSV. See the related article below 'How do I sync my school's MIS and HegartyMaths'.
Upload Your School using a CSV:
1. Prepare a CSV with all current students and classes in. It is recommended to use this CSV template.
2. Click Manage => Manage students/classes => Upload CSV.
3. Click on the circle to pick your CSV, once picked, click continue to proceed to the next step.
4. Click on the first dropdown menu ("Please select...") and choose the option that corresponds to the column.
In the example below the first column is the class name. Please note this will not necessarily be the same for your data so take extra care to pick the option that applies to you.
5. Repeat step 5 for all the columns and click continue when you are finished.
If you get a column wrong, you can fix the mistake by clicking the 'Unlock' button and then selecting the appropriate option in the dropdown.
6. This screen is used to select which classes are new to the school. Since this is a new school, please tick all of the classes.
7. Finally, verify the data looks correct and enter your password. Click 'Complete setup' to finalise the changes.